School Site Council (SSC)
Bakersfield City School District SSC Meeting Protocol and Instructions for Providing Public Comment during Board Meetings due to COVID-19 Pandemic. On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20, which modifies some Brown Act provisions requiring physical presence of Members or the public to attend and participate at public meetings considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bakersfield City School District hereby provides notice that as a result of the declared federal, state, and local emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and pursuant to the Governor’s order, SSC meetings will not be physically open to the public. Members of the public may observe the meeting via the link on school SSC webpage and all public comments must be submitted by email or voicemail.
To provide public comments:
- The preferred option for commenting on a specific agenda item or for providing general public comment under Public Comments is to submit your comment via email to email@example.com. Please include your name and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address. If a speaker seeks to address non-agendized matters during a regular meeting, the email should indicate “Public Comment – Non-Agendized Matter.”
- Alternatively, you may comment by calling 661-631-3269 to leave a voicemail of no more than three minutes in length. Please state and spell your name at the beginning of your message and clearly indicate the agenda item number you wish to address or specify if your comment addresses a non-agendized matter during a regular meeting.
- In order to be read aloud during the meeting, comments must be received by noon the day before the SSC meeting.
- Should the public speaker not want their name stated publicly, please specify at the top of the email or at the beginning of the voicemail.
- During special meetings, public comment is limited to items on the agenda.
As with in-person meetings, the School Site Council respects the right of the public to comment on SSC matters. The content of messages should be civil and appropriate for a public meeting of a SSC.
We thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.